CONTARINI STAIRCASE PRIVATE OPENING WITH APERITIVO
Meet your private local guide at the hotel lobby and walk to Piazza San Marco. You will admire the main monuments like: The Palazzo Ducale (outside) the residence of the Doge and the seat of government and the magistracy, with courts, prisons and armoires. Next to it is the Basilica of Saint Mark (outside), once the private chapel of the Doge and now the cathedral of the city, which holds the relics of Saint Mark the Evangelist. A thousand years of history, art and religious devotion are concentrated here, illuminated in the gold of its mosaics. The walking tour will last about 1,5 hours and it will finish at Scala Contarini del Bovolo where you’ll have a private Cocktail party. Hidden in the center of Venice, unknown to most tourists, is a spiraling “snail” staircase that winds up the tower-like facade of a historic palazzo. It was so unique at the time it was built at the very end of the 15th century that it’s responsible for naming both the palace it’s attached to and the entire branch of the Contarini noble family that lived there. The 28 mt high cylindrical tower containing the spiral staircase is chromatically characterized by the alternation of red cotto bricks and white Istria Stone unraveling in the six floors of loggias curling up the “bovolo’s” eighty steps.
If you want information about the prices or general question please contact us
PRICING PER PERSON:
€ 1280 based on 2 people
€ 640 based on 4 people
€ 430 based on 6 people
- Private english-speaking guide at disposal for 1,5 hrs during the walking tour.
- Exclusive access during opening hours (outdoor or indoor).
- Total private access for 90 min.
- Private guided tour of Scala Contarini Del Bovolo.
- One staff member
- Cocktail party: Bellini Prosecco, American Prosecco, water/juice fruit, beef rolls with goat cheese, mini caprese, croutons with creamed cod, gamberi in saor (savoury shrimps)